Subject: Turkey Sandwiches and Over 95% Off at 101domain!
Fuel up with leftovers and get over to 101domain, B.Y.O.T.S (Bring Your Own Turkey Sandwich), to enjoy MASSIVE savings […]
I didn’t know Spam and Turkey had teamed up against my inbox. This means war.
Heute im Supermarkt fand ich ne Importierte, “Schoko Becher” gennant. Dacht ich (auf Englisch, wär klar auf Deutsch gewesen): Trinkschokolade! Wie deutsch! Ich kauf es und heute Abend einen bechervol als Nachspeise trinken.
Zu hause: Nicht so. Sind genau Becher aus Schokolade gemacht. WAS MACH ICH MIT SCHOKO-GESCHIRR??
The first three episodes weren’t so bad. Continuing tentatively forward…
There’s some serious mansplaining and hero worship going on here. Although they’re both maaaaaybe justifiable—Mark’s character is gliding over some fairly nontrivial scientific topics, although certainly isn’t going at all that deep; and solo rugged terrain survival thanks to human ingenuity is pretty much the narrative of.. yea no surprises there—it’s annoying. Not enough to put me off the last hundred pages, but annoying nonetheless.
- walked to fetch the mail (didn’t read any of it)
- boiled chicken and brussel sprouts in red curry stock (do recommend—esp with generous amounts of dried cayenne added to the pot)
- watched an episode of Parks & Rec and then shut it off b/c the romance scenes are so painfully bad
- curled up on the couch, turning page after page to hear the adventure of Mark Watney in The Martian
- occasionally got up to spread peanut butter on crackers and/or make tea, and consume
- txt’d a few ppl
Probable age of the described person: fourteen Earth years
All my brilliant plans foiled by thermodynamics. Damn you, Entropy!
—Mark Watney real talk in The Martian, p. 69.